Disney. A 6 letter word that brings joy to practically everyone. No matter your age, Disney is still a fun place. If you disagree, we’ll have problems!! Just kidding, we could still be friends but you probably won’t enjoy this blog post because it is all about Disney tips. Because, despite all the magical things, Disney still has some hoops you’ll have to jump through to get that truly magical experience. So, if you want to get the most out of Disney, read the following Disney tips for 2019!
- Don’t suffocate your skin with a lot of foundation. Since you’ll be at the parks for a long time and in extreme heat, you’ll be sweating within 2 minutes probably. If you’re wearing a lot of foundation, this is a recipe for clogged pores. Also, less foundation means less maintenance because Disney isn’t the place to be high maintenance (most bathrooms don’t even have mirrors!!) so just wear a tinted moisturizer and spot conceal where you need it. (Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, It Cosmetics CC+, Tarte Guard)
- Waterproof mascara is necessary. Remember the sweat I mentioned a minute ago? I don’t know about you but my eyelids sweat and my mascara melts. Not only that, but your eyes will probably water on most rides and some rides are water rides so just be on the safe side. (Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara, L’Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara)
- Set your makeup. This is the time to bring in the big guns so powder and use a setting spray if you want your makeup to survive the day. (NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder, Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, Milani Make It Last Setting Spray)
- Use cream bronzers, blushes, and highlighters THEN set them with powder bronzers, blushes, and highlighters. We’re going for longevity here. (Stila Convertible Color, Milk Baked Bronzer, Flower Beauty Blush Bomb)
- Bring a lip balm and your lipstick to touch up between meals and snacks. Lighter colors are easier to maintain but who am I to judge, I wear red lipstick every single time to channel my inner Minnie Mouse!
- Bring a spray or powder sunscreen so you could reapply without ruining your makeup. (Supergoop Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45, Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 )
- Don’t stress if your makeup gets ruined!! You’ll still look beautiful in all the pictures so just have fun.
Before You Go
- Buy your tickets in advance and book your hotel if you’ll be staying for more than one day. If you want to save some money, stay at a hotel near Disney instead of a Disney hotel. Most of these hotels have shuttles to Disney and are only 5 minutes away. The downside of this, however, is that you won’t get a Disney themed room (kids usually appreciate this) and you don’t have access to Extra Magic Hours (exclusive hours to Disney hotel clients when there is less traffic).
- Plan your outfits (and your kids’ outfits!!). There’s a 99.999% chance you’ll be taking pictures at Disney since everything is so beautiful. To make sure you actually like those pictures later, choose outfits that you feel beautiful and comfortable in.
- Break in any shoes you plan on wearing. I made the mistake of wearing my converses (I had only worn them 3 times before) the first time I went and I ended up with blisters and could barely walk the second day.
- Make a checklist of what you’re packing and finish packing a day in advance so you aren’t rushed the day of traveling.
Getting Disney Ready
- Order Disney themed clothes and accessories in advance instead of buying from Disney to save money. (Amazon, Disney Outlet Stores, Etsy, etc.)
- Get Fast Passes!! I honestly can’t stress this enough. The waiting times for the best rides are usually over an hour and it could get exhausting (especially with kids) so get Fast Passes for the most popular rides in advance.
- Download the Disney Experience App to keep all your reservations in one place and to look at waiting times, maps, restaurants, etc.
I hope you have a great Disney trip and let me know what your favorite Disney tip was in the comments!